Tuesday, June 21, 2005

In the beginning...

Yes, I've arrived and am safe and sound! I met some friends at the airport and we traveled to Jerusalem together. We stayed in the Old City, got to see some old friends and eat falafel! We also viewed the lastet excavations at the City of David and saw the recently excavated Pool of Siloam. We arrived at the Kibbutz on Sunday and started excavating on Monday. As I mentioned earlier, I am helping open a new area (J) that is located on the upper mound. So far, no special finds in our area. But, area C found the top half of a female figurine similar to the one we found in our square last season. I am supervising some undergrad students who are on their first excavation and one of our squares has revealed a beautiful wall. We will excavate around it and hopefully find a room with some special finds. I will post another update this weekend with pictures. Until then...

Shalom!

No comments: