Sunday, October 04, 2009

A Long time

Since I joined the Facebook revolution, I have not made the time to update my blog. Most of the people I know who would read my blog are my "friends" on FB, so it seems silly to post pictures and what not to 2 sites. If you do read this, I encourage you to either join FB or find me on it. I've posted many pictures there and will continue to do so - I can't say the same for this blog.

A small update: the Ph.D. is going well. I finished the rough draft of my third chapter and am so relieved. Let's hope my advisor agrees! I taught the Bible and Field Archaeology course for the undergrads at the university. We went to Tel es-Safi / Gath in Israel and had a great time. Rob and I went early for a week's vacation and I showed him around. Once he left, I stayed and did research for two weeks before the students arrived. I researched at the Ecole Biblique in Jerusalem and was able to get some work done through the Israeli Antiquities Authority. This was my first time taking students to Israel and it was a great experience. I loved showing them around and teaching them how to excavate. I believe the University is already planning on me taking them in July 2010. I am hoping to submit my dissertation by Fall 2010. I plan on going to SBL that year to present and to interview for jobs. If I could submit, defend, and turn in any corrections by Christmas 2010 I will be a happy girl. Then walk in the ceremony in July and move back soon there after - assuming I get a job back in the States. I have a paper being published this coming year, which is good news.

Well, that's about it.

No comments: